DUE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS CAMBORNE LIBRARY/THE PASSMORE EDWARDS BUILDING IS REOPENING ON A PARTIAL BASIS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. MORE INFORMATION HERE
The management of Camborne Library has been transferred to the Town Council through Cornwall Council’s Devolution Programme. This helps councils and communities take over local ownership, management and control of services. Cornwall Council supports the Town Council to deliver the local service and Camborne Library customers are members of the Cornwall Library and Information Service. They can borrow from the Cornwall-wide stock of books, CD’s and DVD’s and have access to online newspapers, e-magazines, eBooks, audiobooks and computers. The Information Service in Camborne is operated by Cornwall Council at Dolcoath.
Opening hours - Reopening Part-Time from Monday 6th July.
Due to health and safety issues we have had to close our public toilet facilities. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
- Level approach (may be ramped)
- 6 Computers with internet access
- Free WiFi available
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Self Service (staff available to help if needed)
The following is available when the Library is open to the General Public:
- Applications for a National Concessions Bus Pass during normal opening hours
Events and Activities:
- Camborne Readers book group meets on the third Monday of each month at 2:30pm.
- Computer classes for beginners
- Book Sales during the last week of every month.
- Special Activities - we have a wide range of events taking place throughout the year, please contact us for more details or follow Camborne Library on Twitter.
- Knit & Natter every Friday 10.30-12.30
- Bookstart Rhyme Time every Wednesday 10.30am and Friday at 9.30am. Free.
- Lego Club every Wednesday at 3.30pm - 4:15pm. Free.